Performance Terms & Conditions
Please read the following Terms and Conditions carefully before submitting your video and registering your interest to perform live on stage at the Conscious Music Festival.
Our events are professionally organized fund raising events in support of the UBUNTU movement and its philosophy of unity and higher consciousness for a new world – to create prosperity and abundance for people everywhere. We offer a unique platform for existing or emerging new musicians/performers to show case their talents and share their message with the world in an effort to co-create a new reality, free from financial slavery, for everyone.
DATE: 3 & 4 December 2017 VENUE: Uptown Theater, 3700 Broadway, Kansas City, MO 64111, USA
- UBUNTU are the organizers of the event.
- We reserve the rights to change these terms and conditions without prior notice, however if we require to do so we will endeavour to notify all participants in writing or other means available.
- Music of all genres will be considered especially if it promotes unity and harmony amongst the people of the world.
- Performance with the following content or messages will not be considered:
- Encouraging or condoning violence
- Explicit sexual acts (either in actions or lyrics)
- Dangerous (to the audience or the performers)
- No pyrotechnics or throwing projectiles in to the crowd.
- Performers should not be intoxicated or under the influence of drugs whilst performing
- Selection of artists will be made by appointed UBUNTU members and associates and this selection will be final.
- By submitting your video, you give UBUNTU permission to share your submitted video on this website and on our YouTube channels, and other websites and other distribution methods, and to use in full, or parts thereof, to promote this event or any future events, in perpetuity.
- Payment & Remuneration – All chosen performers, who arrive and perform, will be rewarded on a profit-share basis, in the UBUNTU way. One third of the profits will be shared between all performers as equally as is possible (excluding the headline acts). More details will be shared after we have chosen the 20 most suitable performers from the uploaded videos.
- The organizers will however retain a portion of the net profits, which they will distribute as equitably as possible in the model of Ubuntu Contributionism, to all performers as remuneration for their Contribution. The UBUNTU organizers will have the final decision regarding proportional distribution of payments to performers.
- Performers will make themselves available for both days of the event if possible OR let the organizers know when they will be available, for effective allocation of performing time slots to performers.
- Performers grant UBUNTU permission to capture film and/or record sound of their complete performance, for future distribution or promotional purposes, as a compilation of the entire event or individual performance – in any form or on any distribution platform available, in perpetuity.
- Performers will be responsible for their own, insurance, travel, food and accommodation.
- The organizers will do what they can to arrange food or food vouchers and accommodation for performers where possible but cannot guarantee it. B. The organizers will do what they can to provide accommodations and travel arrangements.
- Full backline sound and lighting rig, with drum kit will be provided for the event. A more detailed list will be provided for selected performers at a date yet to be announced.
- Performers must bring their own personal instruments or any additional instruments or equipment on stage that they require for their performance – drummers will be required to brings cymbals and any relevant hardware.
- Any and all music equipment used during your performance must be brought on to the stage immediately before your performance and must be removed by you when you leave the stage.
- Sound checks and setup date and times – (To be announced)
- Security for the event will be provided by the organizers but performers may provide their own security if they so require with agreement by the organizers.
- By participating you confirm that you resonate with the message and activities of the UBUNTU Movement, as outlined in our MANIFESTAMENT on this website.
I resonate with the spirit of UBUNTU – I am who I am, because of who we all are – and I recognise and acknowledge that…
- Everything in creation is connected
- We live on a planet of abundance, not a planet of scarcity
- We are the creators of our own reality
- My words, my thoughts and my actions affect others and everything around me
- We need to raise the collective consciousness of the people to create a better world for all of us
- The world we live in is not the world that I imagined for myself and my family
- The socio-political system has failed us on all levels
- Our lives and our world is controlled by a small group of royal political elites with their own agenda and no respect for humanity
- This elite group controls the creation and supply of money, our governments, our education system, the mainstream media, and all the largest corporations in the world
- Our socio-economic situation has spiralled out of control
- Our system is broken and it cannot be fixed by using the same kind of thinking we used to create the mess
- We have to find a new way of thinking for a new world of abundance and prosperity
- We are creating a new system that is of the people, by the people – not by opposing the old system, but by making the old system obsolete
- We are using the tools of enslavement as the tools of liberation – without any violence, opposition or conflict
- I will share the UBUNTU philosophy with everyone, for the benefit of humanity everywhere